Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stealing Away



Yesterday, i spent a glorious few hours of my afternoon on a bench in the University Parks, which is a two minute walk from my house. (The picture to the left is my shadow as I take a picture of the river in front of my bench.)
After I took a power walk/run through the park to work off the pancakes I ate for breakfast, I went back to the park for sit for awhile. Although I didn't really need to exercise, because I walk miles every day just getting around, it was SOOOOO beautiful outside. And even though I am incredibly sore right now, I am still glad that I got out and sweat some.
I joined the many Oxfordians who ran to the park, with their kids and dogs, to bask in the cold, windy, but still cheerful English sun. 

This afternoon was such a symbol of my time here in Oxford:
1. I have got to spend a lot of time thinking by myself. I have learned that it is not that scary, but rather empowering to explore and think on your own.
2. My flexible weekly schedule allows me to have such freedom with what I do every day. It is great that through this, I can find time to listen to what God is speaking to me, journal, read and talk with others.
3. Even though there are cloudy days (like today) a lot and sometimes I miss home, Jason and familiarity a lot, I am always excited to get up every morning and embrace the day. Each day is new and fresh, and God is teaching me to hope in the future instead of fear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment